Wednesday, October 31, 2007

What is Success?

I guess I am in my gyan mode today!!

People define success in different ways! Most define success as “bigger, faster, better” (for instance, bigger house/business, faster car, or better job). But is success just possessing materialistic stuff? Or is it being happy about what you do and what you have!! My two cents go with the latter.

Success, according to me, is learning how to set and achieve goals, how to measure your progress toward reaching them, and how to balance various moving pieces in life though this journey. It is minimizing excuses, taking responsibility, leaning in to difficult situations (both at home and work) and learning how to overcome roadblocks.

Success is being able to put your hand on your heart to truly seek an answer to the question -- did I give my best effort to today’s activities?

No comments: