Friday, January 2, 2009

Will I "do a Don Quixote” in 2009?

Probably inspired by the Don Quixote case study that we discussed in the Leadership class recently, I have come up with a seemingly “crazy” resolution for myself for 2009. This year I have decided to go beyond mundane (yet seemingly do-able) resolutions such as finding a “perfect” job, reducing x kilos from my heavy frame, living a more balanced life, joining the gym, blah, blah, blah.

At the expense of possibly “doing a Don Quixote” in having larger-than-life (and beyond-reality) objectives, I have decided that I will move ahead with my long term dream of writing a book! “I will by the end of 2009 try and come up with a plot/story line/character details for my book.”

Though I have been dreaming of initiating this for a while, and despite having a “vague” idea of what I want to write, I have not done much about this “dream.” Hence I am putting it down on my blog so that I am committed to moving forward on this.

This may be one of my zillion dreams……but what is life without one anyways?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go, Sunil. Your amazing writing skills and the ability to clearly articulate your thoughts will help u succeed.

Dont give up on this, man.

Rahul said...

Good luck, and make us proud.

Sunil Puri said...

Well thanks for the encouragement guys...

Prashant said...

Hey good to know someone shares the same resolution with me.

Check out the links, they're great... And ATB! Keep writing!

Prashant said...

Oops... I forgot to leave the links.

Here they are.