Saturday, March 8, 2008

One "long" weekend this will be....

This weekend is different. There will be no end to it.

After always wishing (during my 12 years of work life) that Saturday nights never end, my wish seems to have almost come true!!

Yesterday was my last day at work before I head off (later this month) for a one year sabbatical. Well quite unlike what I always imagined, it was a fairly uneventful day. I spent the morning clearing my desk, my e-mail inbox, my laptop, and writing those last few e-mails. My boss took me out for lunch to a local Chinese restaurant. Afternoon was spent mainly with the Accounts department, ensuring that I am all set to receive my salary check and bonus at the end of the month (well, that is important, considering that it will be my last salary check for a long time!). And then, some customary good-byes later, I headed home. The day just flew by.

I think I will miss going to office every morning. But for now, I enjoy my one “long” weekend….

No comments: