Friday, December 19, 2008

As I sit through day-one of term V of PGPX...

Well today (December 19) we start with term 5 (the last term) of our PGPX course. As I sit in the class today listening to some "crazy" (don't get me wrong here; I also mean smart....) work that my peers have done in the past 6 weeks as part of the international immersion program (equivalent of an international project), I am a bundle of several feelings...

- "Really Bored" listening to my peers' presentations about areas as diverse (read: crazy as) as making money out of banana waste to manufacturing semi-conductors to supply chain optimization to marketing margarine!!!

- "Amazed" at how some of my colleagues (especially some of my "Group D" folks) can be so attentive through this "information download" drill

- "Sad" (well sort of) cause the PGPX course ends in exactly 90 days (the course ends on March 19). Well during my life here I have met some really smart folks, interacted with some of the best faculty in the management world, thoroughly enjoyed a zillion hours of course work (well most courses!), and made some great friends (Group D especially -- Senthil, Arun, Bhaskar, Harish, Prateek, Kamesh)

- "Happy" cause the course will be over in 90 days! I am so ready to go back to a real job (and to a life where there is some cash inflow at the end of the month!). Am glad in someway that I opted for a one year program (at some point I was contemplating a PhD; that would surely have been a disaster); did not realize how difficult it would be to go back to school before I joined IIM-A

- "Confused" by all the "gyan" that I have sort of been sensitized to over the past several months. Am not too sure a lot of it can be applied to the corporate world, yet it is all good-to-know kind of information

- "Elated" and "really proud" as my son completes two months today!

And, now I am going back to making my ppt. deck for the presentation tomorrow...

1 comment:

Senthil said...

Well.. I had to ask questions to make sure that the profs didn't think all I was doing was browsing. I've learned from the very best in the business ;)

-- S