Thursday, March 12, 2009

And a new one begins after a few blank pages…

Now that the PGPX course at IIM is over, I am finding myself blogging more often. And boy am I glad!

These last few days are like blank pages between two chapters (close to the climax) of a best-seller. As the reader flips these pages, while he is still thinking through the gripping closing paragraph in the last chapter, there is anticipation about the direction the story may take in the subsequent chapter.

Next few days at the campus will be uneventful yet very hectic. On one hand life is dull on campus as people are wrapping up their course deliverables and busy finalizing their jobs, on the other hand there is a lot of action as people make arrangements to move to new locations; movers and packers are having a field day on campus.

I am trying to tie all the loose ends as I plan my move back to Gurgaon. Well I am excited to go back, but the one thing that I am not looking forward to is the 900+ km drive back home. Though the road is great and I really enjoyed driving to Ahmedabad, the same drive seems like a drag now; I guess sadness of leaving this super-cool campus (and friends) coupled with anxiety about future uncertainty is weighing heavy on me.

Anyways, I am sure the future has a lot of exciting surprises in store for each of us. The economic downturn presents a wonderful opportunity for each one of the PGPX’s 77 aces to test their managerial astuteness in solving some real-world business problems.

No comments: