Sunday, November 18, 2007

OSO-Total Paisa Vasool Film…


Watched Om-Shanti-Om today. Did not go with much expectations (as I am not a big fan of Farha Khan, Karan Johar type films), and to be true, was not really disappointed as I walked out of the theatre. The film seems to be a good mix of Karz and Karan-Arjun rolled into slick cinematography.

Overall, even though the story was quite average (a loser born again as a hero), I thought the camera work and cinematography were brilliant (especially Deepika’s introduction scene, the fire-on-the sets scene, etc.), the choreography was amazing (the title song and darde-disco song were great), and the music was catchy (thanks to Vishal-Shekhar).

I thought a little more work was required on the story, which was quite unbelievable, and I thought had several holes in the logic (but aren’t we supposed to leave our mind behind when we go to watch Hindi films?). Also King Khan (with his six-pack) I think looks quite ugly and old. Deepika on the other hand looks stunning, though her role was quite limited. The funniest scene in the film I thought was the Rajnikant-inspired fight sequence.

Overall, the film managed to catch my attention (and that of my wife; who is even more choosy about films) for full 3 hours.

A total time-pass, paisa-vasool film.

No comments: